Want to volunteer to help in Chicago? We’d love your help! There are so many ways to help and you can even get in free in appreciation for your 2+ hours of service! Register on the race site and select volunteer, then choose your preferred job. Recruit others to run and link us with potential sponsors to make this race even more amazing!
We will add more details as the date nears, but here is some general information about the requirements of being a volunteer.
On race day, it is important that you be at the harbor by 730 am for volunteer orientation (except for Friday Prep only volunteers). Registration will open at 8 am so
we need you to be ready before participants arrive. Please be available until noon. Final assignments will be given out on race day so be prepared for any job listed just in case we have to adjust. (Make sure you have water-friendly clothes in case you are at the water tables.) Report to the Volunteer Check-In area by Registration to receive your tee and assignments. When you are done, make sure you check with the Crew Leader before departing your area or the event.
Jobs for Volunteers:
- Social Media Support
- Child Entertainer
- Course Marshalls
- Refreshment Supervisor
- Safety & Security
General Info for all Volunteers:
An email with additional details such as parking will be sent to you in early May. Be on the look out for it! Make sure you let us know immediately, and preferably at least 2 weeks before the event, if you are unable to fulfill this job or need to change your assignment. We rely on our volunteers to make this race successful and need time to find a replacement.
- Only adults can sign up to volunteer.
- You may bring a child 12 and older to assist.
- Review race info prior to the race to help others.
- Please leave all pets at home as they are not allowed.
- No eating while helping our guests or while on the course.
- Texting and calls need to wait until after your tasks are complete.
- Depending on need, you may be asked to do other jobs. Please be flexible.
- On race day, wear comfortable and neat clothing, preferably dark pants or shorts.
- Please let us know ASAP if there is a chance you will be unable to fulfill your offer of help.
Remember not to bring any valuables with you since we do not have a place for you to store them. The HER Foundation and race crew will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you on race day! Email us at info@HER5K.com with questions.